At the zoom prayer meeting a few weeks ago, we prayed specifically about a number of things, some of which were;
- Violence had flared up in the community, so we prayed for peace.
- One of the young leaders had lost a family member recently to abduction and murder, so we prayed for comfort for his family.
- Club attendance was very low because of the violence, so we prayed for children and youth to be able to attend.
- Our young leaders were growing as we gave them opportunity, so we prayed for more opportunities for them to serve.
- The tension in the community has eased up a lot as the violence has subsided.
- The family of the young leader said that they felt carried by God’s peace during their time of grieving.
- The Kids Club before the prayer meeting had only 8 children attending, but last Saturday there were 50 children.
- The young leaders got an opportunity to go and run a programme in Mandeville, and did a great job of running activities for other children.
There are always challenges, but it is such a privilege to be welcomed before God’s throne in prayer, as we come to Him with the needs for individuals and for the community.
To encourage you in your prayers for the team I wanted to share part of a message from Shaboo, one of our team leaders. His message outlines some of the challenges he is facing, but also the importance of remembering to use our lives for God:
“Violence has started back in my community. A man died Sunday night, and more shots fired last night. Because of the water situation, we went down the bottom to fill up Bottles and Buckets then I choose to shower down there after … and while I was bathing shots💥💥💥💥🔫 started firing. As I grabbed my stuff and looked outside the gate the men who fired the shots came to my direction and one them pointed the gun towards me, so I had to shout and say “A me man, Shaboo” (“It’s me, Shaboo”). Then he lower the gun and walked pass the gate.
I have to thank God🙏🏽 because those men could a easily take my life. God forbid…sigh.. I’m glad that I’m here today (Praise God) and telling you guys, so please continue to live this life for the lord. Please continue to love and care for others.
Please call and check up on people you haven’t heard from or seen in a while.
Life is Short
but the love of God in us is Longer ⬅️➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➡️
That life in us is Jesus, so let’s use it more. 😇 Give More Love!!”
While the challenges continue in Shaboo’s life, and for the ministry, there are so many answers to prayer along the way … so we keep praying. In a recent conversation with the team, Leo described prayer as our “weapon of choice”.
Because of this, the team are holding a community prayer walk on Sunday afternoon. So please keep praying along with, and for, the team. Thank you for standing with us.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12